Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Memory Wire Bracelet Tutorial

I love memory wire bracelets. They require no clasp and I love to wear cuff-style bracelets. However, you don't have to make a gigantic cuff-style memory wire bracelet-you could just do one coil.

Here's what you'll need to make your own:

Step 1: Bend the end of the memory wire into a loop with the round-nose pliers.

Step 2: String your beads. You may need to un-string them several to get the perfect order and positioning.

Step 3: Stop about 1" from the end of the wire (or, if you're not using the full length of the wire, cut the wire off about 1" after your last bead is strung).

Step 4: Make sure you have no extra space between your beads--push them so they're flush against each other. Cut the wire so there's about 1/3"-1/2" left. You'll be turning this end into a loop to keep everything in place.

Step 5: Use the round-nose pliers to turn the loop at the end. You might have to fool with the end a bit to make a perfect circle.

I could make these bracelets every day! I love making jewelry.


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this idea! I have a wedding coming up and don't want to spend a fortune on accessories. This is the perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so easy! Hope you have fun making them!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!